“The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically. Intelligence plus character – that is the goal of true education.” Martin Luther King, Jr.
In today’s modern world, the education sector has changed (or to say developed) drastically. Nowadays, students are being more focused towards attaining a better education opportunity and that too in their desired field. Students these days are more inclined towards creative subjects, such as; Mass Communication (it is basically a course that one can pursue at graduation or the post-graduation level. It has 6 core subjects – PR or Public Relations, Event Management, Journalism, Advertising, Video and Audio Production), Print Media and Radio Jockeying etc.
In this article, we are sharing with you the top five reasons about why you should study Mass Communication (after 10+2) and how to make a prospering career in the same. So, let’s explore more about this.
- Real World Experience with International Exposure – Communication studies offer a plethora of opportunity to learn new skills, meet new people and gain plenty of experience both nationally and internationally. A degree in Mass Communication opens the door for many international jobs, which is like a dream come true for any student.
- Enjoy An Amazing Social Life – Mass Communication and Media studies involve meeting, talking and working with new people. This is more like, you will be studying about the people, writing about them, meeting different individuals and even interviewing them. No wonder, this course is a brilliant idea to hone your social skills.
- Perfectly Pertinent – In today’s global age, it is utmost important to communicate your ideas, feelings and thoughts to the people. This is where the Mass Communication course will help you out. If you are a communication student, you can easily express your thoughts and ideas without going through much thinking process.
- Multiple Career Choices – If you wish to excel professionally, then Mass Communication is an ideal career option after (10+2). It helps you in creating strong visual as well as vocal stories. If you have keen interest in Mass Studies, you can even opt for job opportunities in newspapers, radio channels, magazines, media houses and PR firms etc.
- State-of-the-art Learning Facilities – Media studies or the Mass Communication courses allow you to gain hands-on experience, as you get to work in well-equipped television studios and computer labs (or digital media labs) etc.